Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fashions on the Field (entry no. 2, filly no. 90).

This second blog follows my original entry & is the official Myer Fashions on the Field for The Golden Slipper held at Rosehill Racecourse on Saturday, 2 April.

Me in the middle - being informed by the girl next to me that my card is back-to-front!

Out front of Ashley & Stevie's place, ready to cruise & get my cruiser on!

According to this year's style guide, set of course by The Slipper's major sponsor MYER, I was in line with the theme of the event which was dubbed Ladylike Chic with a 50’s twist & for the gentlmen, dapper dressing was a must. I was quite impressed with myself at how many boxes I ticked.

MYER Guide                            What I wore/he wore
Elongated hemlines 
Never worn a dress this long. Very conservative.
Cinched in waists 
Silver-studded Carrie-inspired black waist belt
Full & voluminous skirts 
Black tulle tutu
Feminine fabric and prints 
Floral bustier
Accessorise with gloves, 
hosiery & winter-style shoes 
Ballet tights & closed toe satin heels
Punches of jewel tones in 

Ruby reds, deep jades 
& burnt ambers 
Red lips & amber flower hair-pin
Suave slim line suits Black subtle pin-stripe suit pants & jacket
Crisp fitted shirts Brand new, solid gunmetal grey
Suiting in navy and greys
is prominent
Well, black is just dark grey right?
Matching tie & there's the grey ;)
Accessories? (well, not 
specified but these deserve 
a mention)
New black glossy Ksubi sunnies. Hot.

Fortunately, we had glorious Sydney weather for the race day, however I did see some adorable little umbrellas & unique millinery while in line at the MYER tent. Which reminds me, I have my eBay bid set on a clear plastic brolly with black patent trim around the edges...so cute! I also have my heart set on a cream-coloured lace-looking parasole, like the ones in stock at Queenies Retro at the moment.

Queenies Retro is my fave shop in Richmond - they don't have a website just yet, but you can read about the shop, the team and the cause here at 2threads.com . I love, love, love their range of pre-loved clothes, accessories and homewares. Very French Provincial and vixen vintage. If you are a Hawkesbury local, and female (or male & interested in classic/ obscure/ old-school style), you would agree & if you don't you should!). No, if you don't know Queenies, check her out before you coordinate your outfit for HAWKESBURY'S STAND ALONE SAT SCHWEPPES GUINEAS at the end of this month on our very own home grass. They're across the road from Richmond Park (next door to our famous Patchy's).

My loevely hair-piece from Queenies.

Almost bought these lace gloves too!
Only 20 bucks! but Piggy Bank screamed no.

I got called 'pretty' that day & needless to say, I actually felt pretty. It sounds weird, but Saturday was the first time in my life that when I went to the bathroom I was able to look at myself in the eyes & touch up my lip-gloss & hair without thinking that the other beautiful women in the room were looking at me in pity. I know, I was a silly girl. But, turns out, I am pretty enough.


Cheers to compliment-givers! You made someone's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment