I discovered this Asian food bible while staying with my fabulous friend Kayla in her gorgeous federation-style Neutral Bay house, perusing the numerous bookshelves on offer. Here in this very home, we have already created some mouth-watering dishes and I am proud to say that we have followed some of both books' golden rules for healthy & delicious meals.
- Fresh is best; buy what's in season
- Serve sensible portion sizes (a common mistake we make as Westerners is eating too much)
- Present the food in an aesthetically pleasing manner
- Quality, quality, quality! Be it spice, seaweed or saucepan
- Share & savour
- Good doesn't have to mean a complicated nor a very lengthy affair
My only hope is that my new flat-mate won't spend too much of her time in the (unfortunately) shared kitchen. You know that saying about too many cooks! Then again if she is Japanese or French... well, MasterChef Richmond edition - eat your heart out!!
Easy Peasy Japanesey!
You're welcome ; )