Sunday, May 8, 2011

French Provincial shabby chic inspiration for my new room & job.

Firstly, I have moved house. And I love my new place! The retro 50's floral carpet, vintage wallpaper & curtains, our abnormally long grassy backyard & its fruit trees, the friendly new house-brothers, my new gorgeous four-legged friends, my own proper work space, the freedom to put my stamp on my space with no complaints, enough room to fit all of my shit (for once!) & the excuse to spend a dollar a week on antique silverware. Yes, spoons are a need! Fancy is a luxury but when the item in question is pre-loved, its stat! (new word - thanks baby ;)

I have had the most relaxing & productive week that I have had in a looooong time. Sigh (mostly of relief but mixed with a touch of nostalgia, a sprinkle of sadness & an unmeasurablly large amount of responsibility & self-sufficiency. I guess, we all have to grow up some time, right?

Secondly, after looking through all my stuff, I discovered that I am exactly where I always wanted to be at this stage of my life. In fact, I am here early. I have always been an ambitious little list-writer & goal-maker. I love it. Well, looking over my lists & dream-books & orders with the universe, let me tell you, there are a lot of "check"s being said & ticks being penned.

Romance, health, career, spirit...I am very happy with the way my life has turned out. Like it said on the card my Mum gave me last year, the path you take supposedly unwillingly, unexpectedly & often unhappily is truly meant to be because you probably could not have devised a plan more suitable for yourself had you tried to. It would have seemed preposterous.

That being said, I have never been through worse dramas or more intense changes than in the last 10 months & they are by no means over. But that's ok. All is not well, but it is. I accept & understand now that peace & happiness in your self & harmony & balance in your life can be attained even amongst complete disarray & emotional uproar. That's the nature of the beast. It's up to us to keep it strong but tame at the same time. It is not easy, but it is possible. And very constructive.

"I finally feel woman", I said to my great girlfriend Amanda, "I can now claim that proudly without feeling sheepish & false but with pride & liberation, as you do Manda", I said.

Confidence. We should add it to the water. It is life-changing.

P.S. My business has grown with my self-esteem & so if you have any marketing needs, be they website set-up, segments on the radio for a local event, copywriting for brochures or a total brand revamp, we'd love to hear from you at Lotus Media. Visit us at lm-int.com 

Thanks for reading. I hope I have inspired or can inspire you to do what you need to & more importantly, what you really want to.

Those who risk win.

No comments:

Post a Comment