Saturday, February 19, 2011

Peu a Peu

French for "little by little". An extremely productive, rewarding and balanced way of living and achieving. This concept is something that, sadly, I am only just beginning to understand, accept and actually apply at the ripe old age of 22 and a half lol. Better late than never I guess!

For as long as I can remember I have been an all or nothing, full steam ahead, all systems go type of girl...nothing was ever enough. I was my own worst enemy, the inner critic a nasty piece of work, and eventually these unrealistic high expectations and fantasies I dreamt up lead to my demise. Fortunately, I am now alchemising this experience and gratitude for my fall is genuinely forming in my heart. Had I not gone so hard and fast maybe I would never have learnt this valuable lesson. I am learning that life is not black and white but a whole swatch of greys. 



The most enjoyable, satisfying and sure-fire way of reaching your destination and making the most of the journey is to proceed peu a peu. As my sister-in-law said to me "Rome wasn't built in a day". And my best friend said "One day at a time". And Elisabeth and Barbara said "Baby steps", my sister, "every day is one step closer", and my wonderful mother, "hour by hour, minute by minute, moment by moment". Without all of these amazing supports in my life, rock-bottom, may have become my permanent residence. It is true, love is what makes the world go 'round. And patience is a very, very important virtue.
 
"In art & dreams, proceed with abandon, in life, proceed with balance and stealth". - Unknown.


No comments:

Post a Comment