Saturday, December 4, 2010

French Style Glamour - right down the road!

I've recently learnt a very apt phrase to describe how one's perception changes our view of the world so much...'Yellow Jeep Syndrome'. This was what a friend of mine explained is when you have been shown something or perhaps are actively looking for something (example: new car) and suddenly it is everywhere!

Well since embarking on this journey I have found out that in the next suburb up the road from me, in North Richmond, is a Provincial French Furniture store called French Style Glamour!

Stunning display cabinet from French Style Glamour.

Cannot wait to see what other treasures lay therein. 

Even more uncanny is that the Drummoyne area, where I have worked for the last four and a half years, also has a similar store by the name of Vintage Glamour (merged with Parisian Flair). Spectacular chandeliers are just one of VG's claims to fame (they actually are quite the red carpet operation with their impressive PR portfolio). Again, another reason I believe I am French at heart - I have always been fixated on light fixtures. When shopping or dining out I never fail to notice and comment on the light features inside stores and restaurants. Hmmm, maybe I was born in The City of Love in another life?

Be nice to have this above the table for Christmas lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment